Timeline of Firefighting equipment in Doylestown Fire Company #1
Years of History - Acknowledging the work of Historians Mark "Beech" Hamilton (Life Member), Al Powell, Bruce Anderson (Downingtown,PA.) & Edward Loux (Life Member)
Hand Pump Engine (1825-1867)
New Number 1 Hand Pump Engine (1868-1885)
Two wheeled horse cart
Green Hose Carriage (Carriage 1)
1884 Rumsey & Company Ladder Wagon. Produced in Seneca Falls, NY. They were “well known makers of pumps and fire apparatus.”
Front line service from 1894-1948. It was replaced by the 1926 Hale which was purchased used from Fairmount Fire Company in Lansdale, PA.
The Ladder Wagon is currently in possession of the Mercer Museum. It was on parade in 1995 at the Bucks County Firefighters parade held in Doylestown, PA.
Pre – 1860 Red Hose Carriage (Carriage 2)
New Number 1 Hand Pump Engine (1868-1885)
Hose Cart (1903-1950)
Chemical Wagon (1908-1917)
1914 Simplex Auto Chemical Engine. Our first motorized apparatus. Powered by a 50hp motor, it featured a 500gpm pump and (2) 40 gallon Kanawah chemical tanks. Built locally by John J. Rufe & Sons at 103 South Main Street (you can still see their painted sign on the brick building).
Purchased after a major fire on 12/24/1913 at the Doylestown Ag Works, a fund drive began to improve firefighting apparatus in Doylestown. The drive raised $7928.23
The Company bought a 1912 Simplex Chassis for $2000 and the up fit was completed for $1240
Unit went into service on 7/1/1914. Front line service from 1914-1926.
An article in the Public Spirit posted in January 1916 reported “At 4 o’clock, Wednesday at West and Court Streets (while returning from a fire), William J. Wintzen, a 70 year old resident and former Borough Engineer stepped off the running board of Dr. James E. Groff’s automobile and walked directly into the path of the Chemical Apparatus. Wintzen was killed instantly. Spectators absolved the Chemical Apparatus driver of blame.”
Unit was traded in to purchase the 1926 American LaFrance Cosmopolitan.
1914 Autocar featured a 500gpm Waterous pump. Built locally by John J. Rufe & Sons at 103 South Main Street. Unit was placed into service early 1915. Front line service from 1915-1924. It was dismantled in 1924 and scrapped.
1923 (Used) Fiat Auxiliary Hose Car. Purchased from resident J.J. Conroy for $300. It was utilized as an auxiliary hose car. Vehicle was sent to Doylestown Body Works to have a body mounted on it for $250. It was then sent to Hale pumps to have a used American LaFrance chemical system added. Unit was housed on 11/11/1923. Front line service from 1923-1926. It was traded in with the 1914 Simplex in 1926 to purchase the American LaFrance Cosmopolitan.
1923 Ahrens-Fox, Model N-S-4 front mount piston pump with ball air chamber. 1000gpm with 300 gallons. Registration #943, Motor #2128 shipped on 10/11/1923. Weight of 13,500lbs. Purchase price $13,500.
Front line service from 1923-1951. Pneumatic tires added in 1933. Replaced after Doylestown Borough and Doylestown Township petitioned for replacement due to maintenance costs. Retained as a reserve piece & parade unit. Full restoration in 1994 by Andy Swift at Firefly Restorations in Camden ME. Currently on display at Station 19 in the “Fox Box.”
1926 American LaFrance Cosmopolitan (Brockway Highway Express) Type 63 “triple combination” pumper.
Purchased when the Ahrens-Fox was “found to be too heavy for country roads & bridges.” Assured that “one pumper would always be in town.”
Registration #B-394, assigned to the Elmira sales office on 6/23/1923. Sales order #1577.
400gpm pump, equipped with 40 gallon chemical tank, 1000ft hose body and 200ft chemical hose in basket. Cost of unit was $6800 less $1000 credit for trade in of 1914 Simplex Auto Chemical and the 1923 Fiat Auxiliary Car.
Final cost was $5848.73. Chemical tanks were changed to a booster system in 1931. Front line service from 1926-1938. The ALF was traded in 1938 to purchase the Hale. It was then sold to Wrightstown, NJ. on 1/10/1939. This is the only picture we have of the ALF.
1938 Hale open cab pumper. Serial #7737, Job #4231. Features a 500gpm Hale type 2D rotary gear pump. Delivered on 9/15/1938. In service from 1938-1972. Donated to Bucks County Fire School but returned to Company in early 1980’s for restoration. Purchased by Past Chief & Life Member Don Tilley and currently owned by his son, Past Chief & Life Member Doug Tilley.
1942 GMC standard conventional cab Utility Truck. In July 1943, the Fire Company tried to purchase the unit from Paul Histand’s in Doylestown but the purchase was rejected by the OPA (Office of Price Administration). The Office of Price Administration (OPA) was established within the Office for Emergency Management of the United States government by Executive Order 8875 on August 28, 1941. The functions of the OPA were originally to control money (price controls) and rents after the outbreak of World War II. This was a component of “The New Deal.”
The decision was appealed and purchase permission was granted by the WPB (War Production Board). The War Production Board (WPB) was an agency of the United States government that supervised war production during World War II.
The Utility Truck was purchased for $1,037 and paid for on 10/6/1943. While awaiting arrival, the Fire Company purchased a 1200watt power plant and two flood lights for $500 to install on the vehicle. In June 1944, the pickup bed was replaced with a utility body from Boyertown Auto Body Works (Boyertown,PA.) for $535.
Excellent information on the history of the Boyertown Auto Body Works can be found at www.coachbuilt.com/bui/b/boyertown/boyertown.htm
Front line service from 1943-1956. Unit was sold to Point Pleasant Fire Company (Station 41, Bucks County PA.) At the October 1956 business meeting, the Company voted to return their check and donate the vehicle to Point Pleasant.
1926 Hale “City Service” Ladder purchased from Fairmount Fire Company (Lansdale, PA.) for $450 in 1948. Repainted in April 1949 for $135. Featured 8 hand ladders totaling 165ft including a 50ft ladder.
Initially housed on South Main Street until 3 bay addition completed at Shewell Avenue firehouse. Front line service in Doylestown from 1948-1953 when it was replaced by the 1953 Maxim mid-mount. Sold to unknown buyer in 1953 for $350
1951 Maxim semi-cab convertible. 750gpm pump with 300 gallon water tank. Equipped with booster reel at back step, single broad bar plated front bumper, exposed pump panel, 3 sections of hard sleeve. Front line service from 1951-1982. Known affectionately as the “Little Maxim.” Retired in 1979 due to blown motor (replacement parts difficult to find).
Sold to Bob Linke (Quakertown, PA.). Subsequently sold to Clymer Township Volunteer Hose Company in Sabinsville, PA. (Tioga County) around 1982. Unit was replaced by the 1982 Pierce/Ford Demonstrator.
DFC Life Member Bill Price sought out the truck for personal purchase when he learned it sat in the woods behind the Clymer Township firehouse. Bill was a few months too late as the truck had been scrapped.
The company was founded in 1914 by Middleborough Fire Chief Carlton Maxim, who felt that he could make a better fire engine than the town’s recent purchase. By 1920 it was an established manufacturer of fire engines for towns in Massachusetts. From the 1920s through the 1980s it expanded to small but reliable markets in the south, mid-west, west coast, and internationally. On December 9, 1989 it ceased operation due to heavy competition.
1953 Maxim semi-cab Convertible 75′ mid-mount steel aerial ladder. Repainted red/white in 1970’s by Hamerly Custom Productions in Shartlesville, PA. Front line service from 1953-1989. Sold to Ottsville Fire Company (Station 49 Bucks County,PA.) and then to Bucks County Fire School in 1992. Unit was eventually scrapped.
1947 Chevrolet Standard Conventional Cab. Acquired in 1953. Unit was a converted elliptical (fuel) tanker. Carried 700 gallons of water. Front line service from 1953-1964. Photo below taken in 1959. Unit was replaced by the 1964 Ford F700 Tanker.
Unit was donated to the Marshalls Creek Fire Company (Monroe County, PA).
1956 Chevrolet 3300 V8 4WD Utility Truck. Standard conventional cab with custom open side compartmented rescue/utility body. Extended front bumper with winch. Unit was purchased in January 1956 to replace the 1942 GMC Utility. Purchase price was $3,482.85. Contracted with Harwick Manufacturing to install the utility body. Placed into service on 9/17/1956. Front line service from 1956-1973. It was equipped with a Kohler 5kw generator, (2) 500watt and (2) 1000watt flood lights, air packs and other firefighting equipment. It was replaced by the 1973 International.
Unit was sold for $2500 to Central Bucks Ambulance & Rescue Unit in Doylestown, PA. in September of 1973. It was repainted white over green (pictured below) and ran as the first “Rescue 125”
1958 Maxim semi-cab convertible equipped with 750gpm pump and 300 gallon water tank. Featured top mount booster reel and deck gun, broad double bar plated front bumper, exposed pump panel, 3 sections of hard sleeve, rear fender compartments and walkway body with bench seating on both sides. This truck featured our first fender mounted Q2A mechanical siren from the Federal Sign and Signal Corporation. Affectionately known as the “Big Maxim.”
Front line service from 1958-1984. Repainted white over red in the 1970’s by Hamerly Custom Productions. It was replaced by the 1984 Pierce Arrow. Sold to a private individual from Southern NJ. for $2500. It was re-lettered “REAL MCCOY FIRE CO.”
Chevrolet Station Wagon (1962-1972)
Oldsmobile Ambulwagon (1964-1966)
1964 Ford F-700 Allied, standard conventional cab truck which boasted an 8 cylinder 391. Equipped with a 98gpm PTO pump and 1,250 gallons of water. Body was modified in 1975 by Hamerly Custom Productions. It was repainted white over red. Front line service from 1964-1982.
In 1982, the Tanker was donated for $1 to the Alsace Manor Fire Company in Temple (Berks County,PA.) when their station was destroyed by fire. In 1987 the Tanker was re-chassised with an International S-series (standard conventional cab). In 1994, the Tanker was traded into New Lexington Fire Equipment and subsequently sold to Union-Walnuttown Fire Company in Fleetwood (Berks County, PA.)
In 1997, the Tanker was sent to 4-guys where the body was removed and replaced with a mirror finish stainless steel elliptical tank.
On 4/28/2021, “Tanker 32” was involved in a crash on RT 222 at Pleasant Hill Road in Maidencreek Township. The unit sustained significant damage. Video from the incident can be seen at this link: https://berksweekly.com/traffic-transit/fire-truck-overturns-in-crash-on-222-in-maidencreek-twp
The Tanker was taken out of service. A 2021 KME 3,000 gallon tanker was to be delivered in June/July 2021 with a housing scheduled on 10/9/2021.
1964 Ford Falcon Deluxe club wagon van. Powered by a Ford 270 straight 6 and 3 speed manual transmission. Carried 8 personnel and a patient litter. Front line service from 1964-1983. Replaced by the 1983 Chevrolet Van.
1968 Hahn Pumper. Cincinnati canopy cab Model C-10. Demonstration unit purchased directly on the floor by members who attended the New York Fire Chiefs Convention that year. Features a 1000gpm 2 stage Hale pump with 300 gallon water tank. Detroit 6V71 7.0L producing 283 horsepower. A Spicer 5 speed transmission produces 520 ft/lbs of torque. Affectionately known as “Hot Stuff”
Factory rehabilitation contracted during January 1984 included an upgrade to 750 gallons, 95gpm bypass foam eductor and “high sides” to accommodate 5″ supply hose for a cost of $45,000. Rehab occurred at the Hahn Service Center in Shartlesville,PA.
41 years of front line service from 1968-2009 made the Hahn our longest serving front line pumper. Sold to the DeAngelis family of Bristol, PA. Sold back to Past Chief & Life Member Dennis Loux JR. and Deputy Chief & Life member Ed Loux for $4500 on 5/7/2016. Currently serves as “Engine 99 – Independent of Doylestown”
1973 International Loadstar 1710 (purchased locally) with Boyd Rescue Body contracted by Hamerly Custom Productions to produce and mount a custom full width open utility body. 4×4 capability with front mounted 12,000lb wire rope winch and 5 speed Fuller transmission. Purchase price for original body was $19,150. Official housing occurred on 9/9/1978.
Front Line service from 1973-1988 as Rescue 19. Replaced by 1987 Saulsbury-Duplex unit.
Repurposed in 1988 to become Field 79. The rescue body was removed. A flat bed with skid load pump and wood rails installed. Motor replaced with a 345 International. In 1994, skid load upgraded to 200gpm pump with 250 gallons of water, 200′ forestry hose and a 150ft reel mounted booster. Custom storage boxes replaced the removable wood railings. Truck carries an assortment of hand tools, chainsaws and brush equipment. Still in service as Field 79.
At 48 years and counting, this unit is our longest serving active piece of firefighting apparatus.
Hi Ex Foam Generator on Homemade trailer (1973 – N/A)
1976 Mack R-600, Standard Cab. Equipped with 235hp Mack turbo diesel, 5 speed manual transmission, 173″ wheelbase. 1000gpm pump with 500 gallons of water. Hamerly Custom Productions paint scheme. Purchased on 4/12/1976, “housed” on 9/9/1978. Converted to high sides in 1982 to accommodate 3000ft of 5″ hose. Front line service from 1976-1992 (replaced by 1992 Pierce Lance). This was the last unit where firefighters “rode the tailboard.”
Sold to West Colesville (Broome County, NY). In 2010 it was offered back to the Company for $2000 as a unit to tow the Ahrens-Fox & trailer to events. Company vote declined the purchase. It was sold to a private owner and converted to the 5th wheel hauler pictured below. Vehicle can been seen at times during the ATCA truck show in Macungie, PA. (father’s day weekend annually).
1976 Hendrickson 1871S / Young low-profile canopy cab with Simon “King Cobra” English made SS300 103ft three section elevating boom platform. Conceived by Dick Young as a result of years of aerial platform building. Serial #76-641 was purchased for $275,000. Unit featured a mid-mounted Detroit 8V71 turbo charged diesel motor, automatic transmission, crankshaft driven 1250gpm Hale pump, tandem rear axles, a 7.5kw Onan generator and 153ft of ground ladders. One of its sister units was Serial #76-553 run by the Erlton Fire Company in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Front line service from 1976-1990. First housed at the Bus Garage (now student lot) at Central Bucks West High School until Station 79 was completed in 1979. Unit was replaced with the 1989 Pierce rear-mount aerial.
Sold to Friendship Hose Company (York County, PA.) in 1990 who operated the unit until 2010. Subsequently sold to the P.H. Glatfelter Company of Spring Grove, PA. for $4500. In 2019, rumored to be sitting in a junkyard nearby. Research found the unit was scrapped out of Red Lion Salvage,LLC in Red Lion,PA. sometime between 2019-2021.
Donated 17 KW Onan Generator on Trailer (1982 – N/A)
1982 Pierce / Ford C-8000 canopy tilt COE demonstrator unit purchased for $100,000. Pierce Job #E1453.
Repainted lighter shade of red prior to delivery. Powered by a CAT 3208, 210hp diesel motor, Allision MT643 automatic transmission. 1000gpm pump with 1000 gallons of water. Unit had a 175″ wheelbase, steel water tank, 6KW Onan generator, foam eductor, & top mount deck gun. Affectionately known as “Square Bear.”
Front line service from 1982-1998. It was replaced by the 1998 Pierce Dash.
Offered for sale in the PA Fireman for $50,000, it was sold to a dealer and re-sold to Jefferson Township (Mercer County, PA.) who operated the unit until 2012. Jefferson Township sold the unit to Grampian Penn Bloom Volunteer Fire Company (Clearfield County, PA.) They subsequently sold it in 2016 to a private owner in western PA.
Donated: 17 KW Onan Generator on Trailer (1982 – N/A)
GMC Van (1983 – 1999)
Chevrolet Malibu Station Wagon (1983 – 1993)
1984 Pierce Arrow Engine. Pierce Job #E2309. 5 person canopy cab. Powered by a 6v92TA Detroit turbo diesel 335hp motor with Allison HT740 Automatic transmission. 1250gpm dual-stage Waterous pump. Equipped with a 95gpm preconnect bypass foam eductor, 6kw Onan generator, 5″ air actuated front and rear intakes.
This was our first custom built fire apparatus from Pierce Manufacturing in Appleton Wisconsin. They are a custom fire and rescue apparatus and a wholly owned subsidiary of Oshkosh Corporation. Pierce was acquired by Oshkosh in 1996 and is currently the largest fire apparatus company in the world. The company was founded in 1913 by Humphrey Pierce and his son Dudley as the Pierce Auto Body Works Inc., and concentrated on building custom truck bodies for the Ford Model T. The first production facility was designed in 1917 and enlarged in 1918 by architect Wallace W. DeLong. From the 1960s to the early 1980s, Pierce was primarily known for building custom bodies on commercial and other manufacturer’s custom chassis, and was considered an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). The “Arrow” was the first custom fire truck chassis that debuted in 1979.
Front line service from 1984-1999. It served as “Engine 19” until 1998 when it was replaced by the 1998 Pierce Dash. It moved to “Engine 79.” The Fire Company considered a refurb to enclose the cab but instead elected to replace the unit with the Quantum pumper in 2000.
Unit was sold on 11/29/1999 to Alec Sprenger (Custom-Tec Fire Apparatus in Canada) for $130,000. Unit was rented to Paramount Studios and appears in the 2002 spy thriller “Sum of all Fears” where it was re-lettered and appears as Engine 79 Baltimore City FD.
In 12/2001 unit was sold to West End Fire Company in Mt.Carmel,PA. (Northumberland County,PA.) and repainted the racing orange color.
In early 2014, the unit was sold to the Westside Volunteer Fire Department in Edgefield (Edgefield County, SC.) where it currently operates as Engine 771.
1987 Pace Industries (Perkasie,PA.) Model 9-D 22,000lb Tri-Axle Trailer. Manufactured and purchased 5/1987. Used as an equipment hauler and primary tow unit for the 1923 Ahrens-Fox. Equipped with a Ramsey 8000lb wire rope winch.
Powered by a Detroit 8V92 turbo diesel motor (450hp), Allison automatic transmission, 25kw Onan PTO generator. Seating for 2 in front, “6 seats” in the rear. Hurst rescue tool system upgraded to Holmatro hydraulic rescue system. 35ft 4x1500watt light tower, 20,000lb front winch, 12,000lb rear winch, 6 bottle 5000psi air cascade system. 2 low pressure air reels, 1 high pressure air reel. Command post for inter & intra County communications.
Front line service from 1988-2014. Replaced with 2014 Pierce Quantum Rescue. Sold to Point Pleasant Fire Company, Station 41 (Bucks County, PA.) on 1/6/2014 for $25,000. Currently operates as Dive Rescue 41.
1989 Pierce Lance 105′ rear mount (Smeal) steel aerial. Pierce Job #E5305. Powered by Detroit 8V92 turbo diesel, Allision automatic transmission. No pump, pre-piped waterway. Unit carried over 300ft of ground ladders. 12kw Onan generator.
Front line service 1990-2009. Sold to Indian River Fire Company (Sussex County, DE.) for $100,000 as Ladder 80 in August 2009. Subsequently sold to Crisfield Volunteer Fire Department in Crisfield (Somerset County, MD.) on 3/1/2021.
1992 Pierce Lance Engine. Pierce Job #E7179. Powered by a Detroit 8V92 turbo diesel motor, Allison automatic transmission. Equipped with Waterous 2000gpm dual-stage pump, 1000 gallons of water, 30 gallon class B foam tank, 15kw Hydro-Gen PTO generator & Air source One onboard air system.
Front line service from 1992-2019. Affectionately known as “Flame Tamer”, it ran as Engine 19-1. This was our first enclosed cab pumper and eliminated “tail-board” riding. It replaced the 1976 Mack.
Sold to the New Hope Eagle Volunteer Fire Company (Station 46 Bucks County, PA.) for $13,000 on 3/9/2019. Currently running as Engine 64.
Chevrolet Caprice (1993 – 1997)
Ford Crown Victoria (1993 – 2004)
Ford F-350 Crew Cab Pickup 4WD (1994 – 2018)
Jackson Utility Trailer (1994 – N/A)
Scotty Safety House RV (1995 – 2016)
Chevrolet Caprice (1996 – 2001)
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD (1997 – 2009)
1998 Pierce Dash 2000 GPM Engine (Pierce Job #EB186). 4 door elevated roof cab, carries 6 firefighters. Equipped with Detroit Diesel series 60 motor (500hp), Allison automatic transmission, 2000gpm dual-stage waterous pump, 1000 gallon poly water tank. Husky Foam system with 45 gallon Class A & 30 gallon Class B tanks, 15kw AMPS PTO generator & Air-Source one on-board 5000psi air tank system. Metallic finish roll-up doors. Carries 1500 feet 5″ hose. Purchased thru Domestic Fire Apparatus & delivered 12/1997.
Replaced 1982 Pierce/Ford as “Engine 19” running out of Shewell Avenue station. Moved to “Engine 19-1” in April 2020 when 1992 Pierce Lance was sold. Front line service from 1998 to current.
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD (1999 – 2011)
Ford Crown Victoria (2000 – 2007)
Chevrolet Grumman Canteen Van (2000 – 2018)
2000 Pierce Quantum Engine. Pierce Job #ED783. Delivered 2/2000. Powered by a Detroit series 60 motor with 450hp, Allison automatic transmission and compression release engine “Jake” brake. Equipped with a Hale Qmax single stage 2000gpm pump, 1000 gallon (poly) water tank. 10kw AMPS generator was later replaced with a 10kw Onan generator. Seating for 6 firefighters.
Front line service from 2000-2019. It replaced the 1984 Pierce Arrow. Purchased after the Company considered a demonstrator unit. Members liked the unit but wanted one built and painted “Doylestown Red.” It was the first Engine purchased to run as “Engine 79” from the start. This unit was replaced by the 2019 Pierce Enforcer Pumper.
Sold to Command Fire (broker) and subsequently delivered to North Union Township Fire Company in Lemont Furnace (Fayette County, PA.)
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD (2004 – Current)
Carmate Enclosed Trailer (2005 – Current)
Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Pickup 4WD (2007 – Current)
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD (2007 – Current)
2009 Pierce Quantum 100′ rear mount (aluminum). Pierce Job #21415AD. Waterous 1750gpm single stage pump, 500 gallons water. Powered by Cummins ISM 500hp motor with Allison automatic transmission. Seating for 6, 20kw Onan generator. Delivered on 5/2009.
Front line service 2009-2021. Sold to Forest Volunteer Fire Department, Station 81 in Lackawaxen Township (Pike County, PA.) for $450,000. Taken out of service on 6/26/2021 for scheduled delivery on 7/15/2021. Scheduled replacement is the 2021 Pierce Mid-Mount Tower Ladder being delivered in September 2021.
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD Traffic Safety Unit (2009 - 2016)
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD Traffic Safety Unit (2009 – 2016)
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD (2010 – Current)
Kawasaki Mule 4WD (2010 – 2019)
Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD (2011 – Current)
2014 Pierce Quantum tandem Axle Rescue/Pumper with 12″ raised roof cab. Pierce Job #26682. Seating for 6 firefighters. Powered by Detroit Model DD13 500hp Motor. Allison EVS4000 automatic transmission. 22′ aluminum rescue body with roll up doors. Equipped with Pierce PUC 1500gpm single stage Waterous pump, 500 gallon poly water tank, Pierce Husky12 foam system with 40 gallon foam tank, 20kw Harrison hydraulic generator, Will-Burt 5400watt light tower, David Clark communications system, water & rope rescue gear, Whelen LED lighting, and full compliment of Holmatro hydraulic rescue tools. Hose compliment includes speed lays and 500 feet 5″ supply hose.
Purchased from Glick Fire Equipment (Bird in Hand, PA.) and delivered on 11/16/2013. Replaced the 1988 Saulsbury-Duplex Rescue truck. Front line service as “Rescue 19” from 2014 to current.
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4×4 Pickup – Utility 19
Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD/Knapheide – Utility 79
Pierce Enforcer Pumpers – Twin Units
2021 Pierce Ascendant Mid-Mount Tower Ladder fitted to ArrowXT cab with seating for 6. Pierce Job #35777. Powered by Cummins X15 6 cylinder 600hp diesel motor with Allison Model EVS 4500P automatic transmission. Equipped with Waterous S100 2000gpm single stage midship mounted centrifugal pump along with a 300 gallon water tank, 75 gallon fuel tank and Hendrickson FMX 542 EX air ride suspension. Expected delivery 9/2021. Replaced 2009 Pierce Quantum rear-mount aerial.